[at-l] More Snake Bite

I have never met a person who has experienced a snake bite on the AT. I
have seen excellent snake territory, but have not seen a rattler in the
wild in about 30 years. I have not seen a copperhead in about 35 years,
in the wild. Of course, I do not drink and try to find trouble.

I suspect snake phobia is one of those worries that inhibit folks from
getting out there and walking. It is worth knowing what to do in the
rare case it should occur, particularly how to avoid making a bite
worse.

But the reality is that I am far more likely to have a
hydration/nutrition/fall/cardiovascular problem than a wildlife induced
injury.

Bill...