[at-l] Sticky fingers....

<< In a message dated 1/30/02 10:41:57 PM, askowronek@mindspring.com writes:

<< Booby trap your tents and packs.  (Not dangerously, of course.)
Mouse traps, baggies of yucky stuff, moldy socks, etc.
Take your least favorite stuff and make it really unpleasant
for whoever fools with it. >>

Reminds me of a story my uncle Webby told me.
    When he was in high school - 1910-14, Web brought his lunch to school in
a brown paper bag.  One day he went to his locker and discovered the lunch
was missing.  He figured he could live with that until it happened again the
next day.  Web told his mother who instructed him to visit the street in
front of their home to procure a horse-bun.  Being a dutify son, Web brought
a fairly good size piece of horse manure back into the house.  His mother
proceeded to slice the bun into chunks that looked remarkably like meatloaf.
She put those slices between pieces of white bread and added some mustard for
looks and flavor.  Wrapped the meatloaf lookalike sandwich in waxed paper and
placed it into a brown paper bag.
    The next day he checked his locker at lunch time to find the brown bag
still on the shelf.  He opened the bag and found the waxed paper still
wrapped around the sandwich.  He openned the waxed paper and discovered one
large bite had been taken out of the sandwich.  He never had a problem with
his lunch disappearing after that day.
    Uncle Web was a Merchant Mariner.  During WWII his ship was used to
transport German prisoners of war to the US.  He occasionally pulled guard
duty.  On one occassion  he accidentally shot himself in the foot.
    I loved my uncle.  All of my older relatives have passed away.  I am now
the oldest member of my family on both my father's side and my mother's side.
 And I'm only 60 years old.

                                            Art