[at-l] Cellphones Not Required

In a message dated 1/31/02 11:20:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
charles@uswnet.com writes:

> At what point is the line drawn between acceptable technology and
> "incompatible wilderness technology"?

    The main threat to the Trail is encroachment. I once saw an advertisement
for a condo development up Old Orange Turnpike that read "only minutes from
the Appalachian Trail." I guess the answer could simply be put as those who
see the conflict in that ad and those who don't. I see cell phones as a
symbol of that which contrasts with fighting to keep the Trail primitive and
wild. The Trail will fail to live up to its potential unless all people
(including developers) see it that way and work towards it...

    Thanks Charles...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---