[at-l] Camp shoes

Originally posted by Papa Bear Hi

1) Do I really need camp shoes? How many do without anything to relieve
   = the feet while in camp?

I wear either Chaco sandals or Raiwinds when hiking. No discomfort, so
no need for camp shoes. I just loosen the bindings alittle.

2) I would ideally like to find is something soft, slipperlike, weighing
   = say about 4 oz. with tough, water resistant bottoms. Oh yeah, and =
   cheap. Can someone direct me to something like this?

Not exactly cheap, but Teva makes aquasocs called protons that are
pretty light.

3) And just an afterthought, who hikes in sandals?

I picked up a pair of Chaco Z2 Terrino sandals last year. I've hiked a
little in tham, and plan to use them as my primary footwear this year.

-Rob