[at-l] weight/use efficiency & Guns

Off topic, but in the same vein...

In the major rooms of my home, I can always put my hand on a loaded weapon.
This is a direct result of many stories, but especially this one:  A man was
fatally stabbed in his home by an intruder.  His wife walked in on this, ran
upstairs with the perp right behind her, grabbed the shotgun out of the
corner in the bedroom, stuck it right in the perps face and pulled the
trigger.  The shotgun was not loaded.  She was brutally beaten, raped, and
stabbed.  She lived, but if the gun had been loaded...

As another note, all the guns are placed in such a way that kids can't get
them - even if they knew where they were.

Shane