[at-l] altimeter

Hmmm, I live Florida, can't comment on the lower range yet ;) I've had
it read down to 40 accuratly, and of course in the 90's...

Originally posted by Charles Copelan My wife gave me a Sherpa for my
birthday and it's an interesting piece of hardware - except for the
thermometer. I was camping two weeks ago and the temps were well below
freezing in the evenings. One [frozen] night the thermometer on the
Sherpa read 33 degrees. It had been in my tent so I figured it needed
to be outside for a while so I set it in the vestibule. I checked it
twenty minutes later and the temperature read 38 degrees. Underneath
where it was hanging was a cup of ice (a few hours before it had been a
cup of water).

Charles