Re[2]: [at-l] weight/use efficiency & Guns

That's how I grew up.  My parents don't have locks on the doors of the
house.  When they moved in to the house, it had one of those old skeleton
key type locks but it never worked right and then it froze up entirely.  And
at that point, the back door was a tarp so my dad just took the lock out and
there hasn't been one since.  Of course, it's back a mile long dirt driveway
and you have to get out of your car and open two gates to drive through and
the dogs always meet you at the gates.  And they're big dogs.  And there's a
really nasty goat....

But being in the habit of never locking doors, I still don't.  Well,
actually, I never lock the door when I'm not here although I do when I go to
bed at night.  I know it doesn't make sense.  It helps to have a mean
looking, and sounding dog though.  But I don't lock my car either.  Maybe
because I'd just manage to lock myself out.