Dupont Forest was Re: [at-l] What would you do

Black and Blue wrote:

<<I work for DuPont.  I'd buy our former plant site in Brevard, NC (where they filmed a good chunk of "The Last of the Mohicans"), draft all ya'll as trail
crews, build an awesome network of trails past the falls, open the gates to all hikers, and tell all the hunters, housing and windmill developers to stay
the he** away.  We'll post Kahley at the gate.

Sounds like a plan.>>

Great idea, but it's been done already  - through a series of ethical and, some say, unethical manuevers, it is now a State Forest. Dee and I have both spent a fair amt of time there walking, running, riding as well as trail building.  At least count, over 4500 volunteer trail maintenance hours have been put in - most of them by youth organizations and mountain bikers but a fair number of hikers and equestrians as well.  It's a gorgeous place and I highly recommend a visit if you are in the area. The falls are within a mile or two from the parking lot so its a great place to go with kids and people who don't normally go out and hike a couple hundred miles on their vacations.

http://hendersonvillenews.com/news/news.asp?ID=6367

http://www.dupontforest.com

POG