[at-l] New Ben & Jerry's Flavor!

This is about ice cream, that makes it *totally* hiker related!

Ben & Jerry Ice Dave Matthews Band
by Josh Grossberg

Thanks to Ben and Jerry's, the Dave Matthews Band will soon crash
into the frozen-food section of your local supermarket.

The socially conscious dairy-loving duo, who in the past have whipped
up confectionary delights honoring the likes of Grateful Dead leader
Jerry Garcia and improvisational rockers Phish, have announced
they're introducing a new DMB-inspired flavor: One Sweet Whirled.

A riff on the tune "One Sweet World" from the group's 1993 album,
Remember Two Things, the homage to DMB is hyped as a tasty concoction
of coffee ice cream, caramel and marshmallow swirls. (We're guessing
the name Under the Table and Ice-Creaming was deemed a little too
risqu=E9.)

"The thing that we're most excited about is that this socially
responsible band shares the same kinds of values that Ben and Jerry's
does, which is what makes this project great," said Ben and Jerry's
spokesman Lee Holden.

In the tradition of the other rock-related flavors, Cherry Garcia and
Phish Food, a portion of the sales of One Sweet Whirled will go to a
charity of DMB's choice. The band has picked Save Our Environment, an
organization launched by the World Wildlife Foundation, Greenpeace
the Sierra Club and other eco-friendly types to raise awareness about
environmental issues and global warming.

The band, which actively supports a number of environmental and
social causes through their Bama Works charity, hooked up with the
Vermont-based ice cream purveyors through an organization called
Music Matters, a music management and environmental group.

One Sweet Whirled joins Ben and Jerry's ever-growing roster of celeb
flavors including Festivus, a flavor honoring that Seinfeld-ian
holiday where families gather round and air their grievances, and
Dilbert's World Totally Nuts Ice Cream.

The D(MB)-licious flavor hits Ben and Jerry's Scoop Shops nationwide
today and starts shipping in pints to food stores in February.

Now that they've made their way into the freezer, Dave and company
couldn't be hotter.

The group will play the Winter Olympic Games on February 9 before
heading back to the studio to finish recording a follow-up to last
year's smash Everyday. Dave has also just recorded "For You," a duet
with Johnny Cash for the upcoming Mel Gibson war drama, We Were
Soldiers, which hits theaters in March.

DMB, which is also up for a Grammy for Best Rock Performance by a Duo
or Group, plans to hit the road on a 33-date tour kicking off April 4
in Washington, D.C.

...and let's not forget Wavy Gravy!

multipart/alternative
  text/html