FW: [at-l] weight/use efficiency & Guns

Glacier Park, bears and guns.....

That certainly sparks my interest, as I'll be hiking there sometime this
year.  Not for nothing, but why wouldn't you just use pepper spray, which is
legal?  Even if you used your gun in self defense of a griz or another person
you'd be likely to get heavily fine and/or sent to jail, assuming you came
clean and notified the authorities.

Me, I figure I have two of three options hiking through griz country.  One,
hike with three/four or more (I've never heard of an attack), two, hike alone
and hope for the best (being carefully aware of my surroundings and accepting
fate) and three, carry pepper spray (which I'm not likely to buy).

I'm hoping for option #1, but may have to settle for option #2.  For those of
you not inclined to break the law and choose number #3, check this out.  I
find it ironic how he just prayed for thanks of his kill and minutes later
nearly got killed himself.

<A HREF="http://www.udap.com/markfullstory.htm";>Griz story</A>

Sly

jbkramer@afn.org writes:

> I know that, but unless you are an idiot and wave it around who would
> know? I don't expect the rangers to start searching people and vehicles
> do you? As has been often pointed out it is better to be tried by 12
> rather than carried by 6.
>
> Bryan

multipart/alternative
  text/html