[at-l] dangerous encounters

I'm curious about who else has had iffy encounters with people while hiking.

I was solo hiking the Lone Star Trail  a few years back and had a couple of good ol boys stalk me for a couple of days. It was unnerving, but I bailed off the trail (another reason to always have maps) and jumped 30 miles uptrail to avoid them, so no grief.

Who else has stories. What worked for you.

Squirrelgirl