[at-l] Backpacking Trip

In a message dated 1/30/2002 8:13:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
janl2@mindspring.com writes:

> This area is special:
>
> > You could go the 37 miles from Indian Grave Gap outside of Erwin to the
> 19E
> > trailhead at Roan Mountain/Elk Park.  Without a doubt it's one of the
> most
> > beautiful and challenging sections on the entire trail.
> >
> > Some of the highlights are Beauty Spot, Unaka Mountain, Roan Mountain,
> Round
> > Bald, Little Hump and Hump Mountain.

I noticed my numbers between shelters and campsites don't always jive, still
the overall distance is about 37 miles.  I suggest you get a map of the area
(Moreland Gap to Sam's Gap) and the Data Book and plan accordingly to where
(direction of travel) and when (time of day) you actually hit the trail.

I don't know of any other section *in* TN so grand.  In any case, I don't
believe you'll be disappointed.  If you need any more help ('cept carrying
your pack) give a holler.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html