[at-l] How about "sonic" deterrents was PEPPER SPRAY

How about "sonic" deterrents?  I've seen ads for "buzzers" that supposedly
scare off dogs.  Anyone know if they work or if bears have been studied?

Also, in a lighter vein, FOX PEE will repel anything.  It's a concoction
that hunters rub on boots, etc. to kill the human smell.  It almost killed
me once.  A five year old broke several bottles and the store almost had to
be evacuated.  I had to mop and mop and...  I asked if I could go home
early.  & A friend with law enforcement experience and training with pepper
spray once had fox pee thrown on him.  Decided he'd rather have died.
Commercial fox pee can be bought in some hunting good places (even Wally
World) or you can make it (homemade is usually stronger).  Just don't throw
it into the wind. :-)

William, The "Now which way is the wind blowing" Turtle