[at-l] RE: A day at the dock, longish

Cosmo,

The Chevy won't go in the snow any more than any other 2WD truck, but here
in the South all shuts down after a few inches anyway.  After our
ritualistic pre-snow milk and bread run, we all just sit and watch.

The Whites are this year.  We'll start at Kinsman Notch and we're shooting
for Gorham.  A successful '02 campaign will put us around 300 to go.  When
we finished at Kinsman last year, the bus service from Lincoln, NH to Boston
worked well.  We plan on doing the reverse this time, and the same bus line
has service through Gorham.  The Manchester airport's a bit closer than
Gorham, but connecting bus service is required and you don't get there any
sooner.  Also, Boston has been a bit cheaper market than Manchester out of
Atlanta.

So, we're okay on logistics this year.  With the last catakid being nudged
from the nest, it's about time for me to return the favors.  Springer
awaits, and Delta's ready when you are.

BTW, my Toyota is an extended cab as well, and I have a toolbox instead of a
cap.  It's the type that rests on the side bed so you still have room for
longer items in the bed floor.  It keeps a good bit of items in the dry and
out of the wind.  That might be an option for you to consider.  Also, a
tonneau cover can be pulled off and out of the way, and some are retractable
(but expensive).  You can find them cheaper, but look at
http://www.truck-bed-covers.com/ to get an idea.

Take Care,

Tim