[at-l] Backpacking Trip

Forty miles is only tiny after a bunch of sections. Some folks would
manage to do 40 miles in about 3 days while dawdeling about. There are
several options open to you, including Fontana Dam to Newfound Gap, Hot
Springs NC to Erwin TN among other sections. The ATC's webpage can give
you some good information on gear and other planning. I suspect that
others on this list will point you to ALDHA's website for further
detailed info on services and shuttles. In any case, you should find
plenty of other section and thru hikers around you in late March.

Have you begun planning gear and clothing purchases yet? Trying to
figure out what to cook? Wondering if you need to pack heat to stave
off marauding ursine killers?

Welcome to our campfire. Grab a smashmellow.

Bill...