FW: [at-l] weight/use efficiency & Guns

I wouldn't think of carrying a gun big enough to deter a bear on the
ATL. It would be like carrying a lightning rod. I might think about
carrying a gun big enough to deter some other person since I think that
would be a much more likely event. A .380 might make sense. And maybe a
clip of .380 would turn a small black bear.

However if I was hiking in Glacier NP or in Alaska then I would want
something big enough to at least make a bear take notice, a .45 or maybe
a 10 mm.

No matter what I was carrying no one would know about it unless I had to
use it. Only morons have show and tell time at the shelter with weapons.

Bryan