[at-l] Closest takeout point to NY City

Phil Heffington wrote:

> What would be the closest/most convenient takeout point to them as I
> hike the AT through New York state?  I'm heading northbound.  From a
> roadmap it looks like somewhere close to where the AT crosses the
> Palisades Parkway south of West Point.  I can't get a feel for what the
> trail looks like in that section, however, and how easy it would be to
> agree on a point where a hiker could meet up with a car coming from NYC.

	Bear Mountain Lodge is a good option, as others have suggested, but if
you want somewhere a few miles earlier, there's also Tiorati Circle in
Harriman State Park. It's readily accessible from the Parkway (Google
gives numerous sites with directions), and it's just off the trail.

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com