[at-l] Rain pants, yes or no?

Hi list...

I'm undecided about taking rainpants on my thru-hike.  I've never had
them before so I'm unsure about their necessity.  Two pants I was
looking at were the Sierra Designs Backpacker's Rain Pants which is on
sale for $25, or the Marmot precip pants for $69.  I'd rather spend
the lesser of the two.  I've weighed them both at about 8oz.  The
downside to the SD pants is that they are non-breathable.  For my
jacket, I want breathable, but I don't know if it's as critical for
the pants.  Can I get some list insights?

Thanks, Mike