[at-l] virtual vs real conversations

A lot of what we all write in these forums are opinions.  Let's face it, in the
"real world" of conversation, we would probably temper some of these thoughts or
else most folks would just tune us out.  We all know the old saying, "opinions
are like a***oles, everybody has one".
Also, how many times do we meet people - in person - and have our minds made up
about them before we even get to know them?
How many people that are casual acquaintances in conversation do we allow the
type of extemporaneous license we permit and actually digest on a list like
this?
And how many of us would actually  respond to what is said rather than what is
written?
I suspect most would keep their opinions to themselves or maybe just smile, nod,
or roll their eyes; but when writing we put into words things we otherwise
wouldn't.
I dunno -- just thoughts...

> > If Curtis tells you this don't believe him.  He has been trying to get
> > married to half the people on this list.

Don't discount Curtis, he actually has been married to half the people on this
list, your turn might be next.

Ron