[at-l] Maine Rosie MATC Fund PaRuck Report

The PaRucksters are pleased as punch to
announce that we raised lottsa green for MATC.
.
Kurt's Raffle of the newest Nomad plus lots of other goodies $540
Soup Sale topped off at $305
Jim and Ginny's 'used gear lot' netted  $150
.
Soooo according to my trusty calculator, drumroll please.....
$995 dollars to MATC!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
.
Added to the $1245 already donated by generous members
of the internet Trail community and others, we have made the
$2000 minimum to qualify as a legacy fund so our dollars will
continue to fund Trail Maintenance forever!!!!!  GO MATC!!!
.
Additional contributions are, of course, welcome! You can contribute
by writing a check payable to The Maine Appalachian Trail Club.
.
Be SURE to enclose a note saying the money is for
The Beverly "Maine Rose" Hugo Memorial Fund.
Maine Appalachian Trail Club
c/o Barbara Clark, Secretary
P.O. Box 1256
Auburn, ME 04211-1256
.
A really special thank you to Kurt of Wanderlust Gear!!  Not only
for his very generous donations this weekend but he also raffled off
another Nomad at the Gathering for the same cause.  Kurt is
the best, as has always shown that he understands what it means
to give back to the Trail.  If the 'big guys' had his degree of involvement
with the Trail Community, just think of what we could do!  Not to
mention that his newest tent takes another leap in cutting pack weight.
Ya'll better check out
http://www.wanderlustgear.com/  I don't think he has the specs
up for the newest tent but maybe someone else can post them?
I think the new stuff will go up on the web in a couple weeks so
bookmark the site and check back.  '02 Thrus better get your
order in soon and make sure to let him know you are heading
out so he gets it to you in time.
.
More thank yous to Springfever and Aloha Ann for sponsoring
the Soup Sale!  I first started making the saturday soup when
there were only 20-30 to feed. Now we are 100+ and their help
with the ingredients (even for the stuff that went porchward) was
very much necessary and appreciated!

And kudos to Weary and Cheerio and someone else (sorry?
my mind is still not all back in order) who whipped up veggie beef
soup on short notice to fill in the gap!!  Lotsa fed hikers and
money for MATC, so it looks like the Soup Sale may be a keeper
if we can come up with another 15 gallons of soup!

Jim and Ginny had a grrrreat idea with their "used gear lot" and the
idea may just reappear next year so keep an eye to your closets for
stuff that needs a new home.  Freeing suffering closet bound gear
to go hiking again with a new owner....
awwww....it's a beautiful thing!!

One last note..
Many of us know that Rosie wasn't universally loved and my decision
to pull the PaRuck into fund raising for MATC in her name was
controversial with a few Rucksters.  I don't think the_way_we raised
the money ruffled many feathers though.  It was low key, once you
dealt with the Soup Nazis (thank you Ready and Spur!!!!!! <VBG>)
so the same effort could be a part of the next Ruck.  But this time,
we'll be talking about it before hand so everyone can have input.