[at-l] Steel-Cut Oats

Chainsaw Pot Cozy?  My nipples are hard.  How do I get one?  Did someone
pass these out?  Where was I?  Can I make one?  Are the instructions in
English?

Reference the Grits.  Arrowhead Mills, sold in most health food/organic
markets, makes finer grits that are whole and that cook fairly quickly.
You might also look for fine ground Polenta in your supermarket.  You're
right about the instant ones. Don't eat them, they'll kill you.

Here are the name and phone number of various milling companies down South
from whom you might be able to get fine ground, whole corn grits:

Adams Milling Company - Dolthan, AL (205) 983-4233
Callaway Gardens Country Store - Pine Mtn, GA (404) 663-5100
Ledford Mill - Wartrace, TN (615) 455-1935 or 455-2546
War Eagle Mill - Rogers, AK (501) 789-5343 (Home of Yellow "Yankee" Grits!
My favorite!)
Woodson's Mill - Lowesville, VA (800) 446-8555

Ask the miller if the sell FINE ground whole grits.  They cook faster.

Here's a web link that sells all sorts of foodstuffs that hikers might be
interested in.  Some Arrowhead stuff is on this site.

http://www.lowcarboutfitters.com/lowcarboutfitters/index.html

Lusting for Cozying,
Leather Grits