[at-l] Side trips in the Maine "Wilderness"

In a message dated 1/25/02 8:26:38 PM Central Standard Time,
ARTCLOUTMN@aol.com writes:

> << First Question: would it be safe to leave our packs on the main trail

  Dear Papabear
    No. As Art pointed out, it tain't the hikers...it is the wildlife.
Dropped my pack in Maine to hike about 30 yards to a view and a squirrel
chewed thru the fabric of my side pocket to get my lunch. He was leaving,
wiping his whiskers, with a satisfied smile on his furry face, when I
returned 10 minutes later. You would think, that after 2100 miles I would
have know better...I did....but I didn't ... and no, I didn't have squirrel
meat for my lunch....but that little sucker learned a few new words <g>
Dare

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---