[at-l] Speed records and other self-promotions....

I always find it interesting how erudite folks become when unimpressed.
The number of words appears to speak louder than the words.

I, too, wonder if the real concern is competitive - us guys seeking to
compete and "win" and eager to avoid anyone "beating" us at our game. I
walk for a variety of individual challenges, as it sounds you do. There
are many things I do well, and some I will never be more than minimally
competent in my attempts. There will be even more things I never
attempt.

I respect and admire the urge to attempt a daunting task, particularly
when it serves to help others, even if recreation/entertainment is the
goal. I don't have much concern when the task doesn't hurt others. I
think the ATC's view is to discourage excessive testosterone based
stupidity and resultant injury, and agree. I don't buy the idea that
Jack is unimpressed, but I wonder if he is stepping close to his
reasons for walking.

Bill...