[at-l] Speaking of Gear

At 07:56 PM 1/24/02 -0500, KellyGoVols@aol.com wrote:
>..clip...  My question
>is, what is the funniest, oddest, most outlandish thing anyone has ever seen
>carried on the trail?

Well, as a lean-to adopter I've carried in brooms and a toilet seat for the
privy.  Both got lots of odd looks.  I enjoyed pretending to sweep the
trail and telling day hikers that I just couldn't stand a dirty trail.  I
once found a large (and very dented) aluminum pan left at my lean-to which
there wasn't room for in my pack so I wore it out on my head a'la Johnny
Appleseed.  My companion took a photo but never gave me copy.  I think
she's holding it for blackmail.

sAunTerer