Re[2]: [at-l] TP and potatos

I use surplus water all the time for coffee and hot chocolate. The problem is
strictly aesthetics, not taste.

 But since I never drain my pasta anymore, it's usually water I've used to rinse
 my pot that becomes hot chocolate liquid. If you use two parts water to one
 part dried stuff, you never have extra water when cooking pasta, rice or
 oatmeal. It's sort of a universal number needed by all us scientist types to
 make things come out right. Even Einstein's general theory of relativity used
 such a number -- carried out to 18 decimal places, if I remember rightly.
 Backpacking is simpler -- two wet, one dry.

 No. This is not the tale that most grosses out (amazes) listeners. That comes
 when I tell folks I wash my socks each evening in my pasta pot. (I usually wait
 until after I've used the pot for chocolate -- but not always.)

 Weary