Logic and the art thingie... athletic Jack's ankle, black pots and kettles.... Re: [at-l] Speed records and other self-promotions....

> From: "Jack Tarlin" <baltimorejack@hotmail.com>
> > snip...
> > Or let me put it another way:  Imagine you meet a man who
> says he visited the Louvre in Paris, and went thru the Museum
seeing EVERY piece of work on display, and in so doing, he
managed to do this quicker than anyone else in history.
> Well, this tells me that the guy can run thru art galleries
very fast.  Whoopee.  It doesn't tell what, if anything, he
knows
> about the value or appreciation of art, ...

### No, running through the Louvre doesn't tell you anything
about the runner's appreciation of art. And neither would his
passage at a slow walk. ["DOTE!"]

### At the same time, the runner would not be looking at those
doing the slow walk and feeling the need to comment thusly:
"Jeeez! Look at those unappreciative phools. They're missing the
big picture, standing too close [while] counting brush strokes."
Were the shoe on the other foot, Jack, the runner would
logically note you're missing the forest for the trees.
["DOTE!"]

Anybody notice how I got back to the forest on that one????

And speaking of endurance endeavors... Hey Jack, how far did you
go last year ON A BROKEN ANKLE? ["DOTE!"] Pot calling the kettle
athletic? Hmmmm? [Jack's rotflhao on this one, but it's
true...{!}]

"Hike your own hike"??? Balderdash.
We all practice "Hike *my* own hike" all the time.

Sloetoe

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!