[at-l] What a lame-ass idea

First, this IS intended for the list, and second IT IS TRAIL RELATED!  I'm
standing at the clerk's office and I'm banging my head against the wall
because if the clerk's moved slower, they'd be moving backwards, but lets not
get me started.  Anyway, two Attorney's we're talking amongst themselves (no,
this is not a sad attorney joke) and they were talking of a colleague who
decided to close up shop, gave his employees four months notice, is locking
up his doors, and is headed out to the Appalachian Trial (trial!!! TRAIL!)
for six months to "find himself".  This was said in such a sarcastic manner
that I stopped banging my head against the wall to join in the conversation,
stating that I had planned to do the same thing this year, had to cancel but
am planning for 2003.  They looked at me as if I were from Mars.  People
around me starting asking questions about what you did for food, how you
bathed, all the normal questions, I had fun (for once, at the clerk's office)
answering the questions of everyone, until one of the attorney's said, "Well,
I think it's just a lame-assed idea. For the love of God, who would do
something so stupid?"  Well, we all know MY big mouth, so I said to him, "Who
would spend $100,000.00 to go to school for 8 years, become a lawyer and work
his ass off defending client's who are, nine times out of ten,  GUILTY, just
so they can live in a 600 square foot condo on the beach in the smog filled,
traffic infested, crime ridden, big city and drive a dick-mobile Corvette and
take strippers to  nice restaurants once a week?

For the first time in the history of man, an attorney had absolutely NOTHING
to say.  It was a wonderful day, folks.  I managed to argue an attorney into
silence, defend a thru-hike, AND have fun at the clerk's office.  It was a
wonderful day indeed.

The only thing, I sooooo wish I would have gotten the name of the attorney
who's doing a thru this year….

Kelly