[at-l] Free gear donated by hikers who did not Tuckerize

I was talking to an employee of the local REI who did a thru-hike last year. He was saying you could pickup a lot of brand new free gear by hiking the approach trail to Springer and the first few miles in March. Has anyone on the list ever tried this? I am going to be in Georgia the last weekend in March for a family hike of the Pine Mountain Trail. I doubt we will actually go to Springer, but it is an intriguing idea.

Jack Bulkley
Jack.Bulkley@sas.com
Apex, NC