[at-l] John Muir Trail info....

Curtis wrote:
>This sounds like a patronizing snipe to me.  For those on the list who jump
>up and down and turn purple over RnR's posts, you can't say he doesn't give
>you something to ponder, or to rail against (as does BJack, Weary, Jim,
>Malcolm, etc.).  He ain't boring and he writes well.  Without him here
>consider how less challenged  you'd be.  I find all his posts informative
>on some level.

Curtis -
I also find his posts "informative" - but not the same way you seem to.

Real quick logic lesson - all logic chains start with basic assumptions,
facts or premises.  If those assumptions, facts or premises are incorrect,
then any arguments or conclusions drawn from them are incorrect.  Elementary
logic.

Consider, if you will, that he's spent 9 months telling the list what
MacKaye wrote.  And then admits that he doesn't have a clue about MacKaye
because he hasn't read MacKaye.  He'd had WF "read selected passages" while
they sat on WF's porch in Hot Springs.

Or maybe you'd rather talk about his recent arguments with regard to the
Gathering?  He wasn't there - nor does he know much about Warren or ALDHA -
nor, I believe, does he even know the content of what Warren read.  But he's
perfectly willing to debate endlessly about it.

If you've learned anything useful from him, I'd like to hear it.  Maybe I
missed something.

No - he doesn't anger me anymore - he just saddens me.

Walk softly,
Jim