[at-l] mouse bagging

Y'all haven't spent enough time studying mice - at one of the Smokies
shelters we watched one night while the mice "took the fall" to get at our
food bags.  Baffles, cans, biners - none of those would have been effective
cause the mice climbed onto the rafters over the bags and jumped.  Sometimes
they got lucky and managed to stay on the bag - more often they didn't and
fell all the way to the floor.  Then they'd pick themselves up and head for
the rafters to jump again.

Did they learn that from the bears - or did the bears learn it from the
mice?

Walk softly - you might step on a mouse,
Jim