[at-l] Why shelters?

Having it both ways . . . I thought I was more the solitude type, but
some of the BEST memories I have of the AT this past year are of the
people I met - many of whom I met at shelters . . . I think that hiking
the AT has a significant social aspect that makes it truly unique - and
each person has to develop their own rhythm and set of habits to
modulate the amount of personal interaction that works best for them . .
. for me, going to shelters, socializing, eating and then hiking on to a
quiet spot worked best.

hike on!

thru-thinker