[at-l] Speed Record on the A.T.

Clark Wright wrote:

> While it is a great athletic feat no doubt, all these people who do long
> distance records with gazillions of support people, sponsors, etc. just
> don't do much for me . . . if "fastest" is to be a goal, which is very
> debateable, at least I would like to know who has done it "the fastest"
> on their own [i.e., without any support vans/sponsors/people] . . .

I just don't care at all.  IMHO going really fast misses the point.
Why not just go up and down the same mountain for 2000+ miles?  It's
not like you can take time to enjoy the scenery and whatnot.

Of course, being a slowpoke, I'm sure I've rationalized plenty to
myself about why it's best to take one's time.  :)  I don't have
much other choice.

-amy in md