[at-l] Friends amazed by hiking stories

The nonhikers who hear my hiking stories are always amazed by how much I
(and other hikers) ate while on the Trail and especially on town visits. I
once went to an AYCE in Virginia and ate six or seven plates of food and
drank a pitcher of iced tea--no big feat for a hiker. But when I went to
the bathroom to pee, one of the waitresses actually busted in on me to see
what I was doing. She and the others had been watching me eat and because I
was so emaciated (from hiking), they were taking bets that I must be
bulimic and was throwing all of it back up. I explained that no, I just
wanted to pee, and I actually needed all that food because I was a hiker.

Grace (Kelly Winters)

Schuyler Stultz wrote:

> So, that leads to my question...  What stories from
> your hikes consistently seem to amaze your friends?

Chocolate wrote:
The ones that deal with distances hiked.