[at-l] "The Endangered Services Campaign" PARucksters pls read

I expect to be able to bring a new patch to the Ruck that, for
somewhere between $5-$7, would indicate your support of ALDHA's
Endangered Services Campaign. (See the inside back cover of your
latest ALDHA newsletter.)

ALDHA (I believe) started The Endangered Services Campaign with
a very attractive woodcut-style poster that was shown at the
Gathering. The purpose of the Campaign is to publicise a need
for sensitivity amoungst those throughhikers who might otherwise
trash hostels, trail angels, restuarants, etc, and thereby
endanger the services that have grown up around the trail and
other hikers. The poster says something like "Leave no trace in
towns, not just in camp spots." The idea is to wake these people
up to the reality that they are *not* the first or only ones who
use the trail or the services offered, and that they need to
think of those who follow.

The basic idea of the poster comes in a black/white yin/yang,
with a black bootsole nestled into the white yang, and a white
bootsole nestled into the black yin. Over these appear the words
"HIKE IN HARMONY." I've taken this design to a shop, and they
are working up some test patches right now, in the typical 3"
round size we all know and love. I'm *hopeful* to be able to
have them for the Ruck -- where some ALDHA Board members, and
Skeeterbait The ALDHA Merchandising Lord will be in attendance.

Yes, I'm doing this on my own dime, but I'm hoping that the
design will be pleasing enough to offer ALDHA another real
merchandizing opportunity at least comparable to the (I think)
way cool ALDHA patch. I'll only have 20-40 of these available,
but this is a Ruck Sneak preview, and if ALDHA likes it, you'd
be able to purchase more of the patches from them as early as
Trail Days, The Gathering at the latest.

So when you get to the PA Ruck, look around for these patches.
If you like what you see, *and* *think* *the* *campaign* *is*
*worth* *supporting*, get one from me, show it to JimO and
SimplySeeking[?], and Skeeter, and say "Kewwwlllllll."

Best to you all,
'Toe

ps: might someone forward this onto the aldha-list?

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!