[at-l] PaRuck Food Stuff.

In a message dated 01/22/02 4:34:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

<< Hey -- what's wrong with roadkill?  Good stuff - as long as the crows
 haven't been at it too long  :-))

 Seriously, there are (or at least have been) places where fresh roadkill is
 a staple for orphanages and homeless shelters. If it's fresh, it's no
 different than if you'd hunted it.

 Walk softly,
 Jim >>

They do in PA, or at least used to.  I took out the trophy winning biggest
biggest buck kill (an eight pointer) in PA in 1980 with my 1975 firebird
(which I had bought off my brother about 3 hours earlier) on a Christmas trip
home from grad school outside Carlisle on the PA turnpike - I will attempt
not to repeat that feat on Saturday.  The trooper asked if we wanted the deer
(like there's room on the hood of a firebird with a missing front fender).
We sent it with him to the local orphanage.  Glad somebody got some good out
of it.

Black&blue&socially conscious