[at-l] the Official Brief GA RUCK report

Replies mixed in. Keep in mind I slept in a nice, cozy lodge room...

Originally posted by Nighthawk It was 2:30am when nature's call and a
slight chill on my back awakened me. I surprised to have slept
comfortably in my Hennessy Hammock that late into the night considering
the strong winds, freezing rain, and an occassional snow flake or two.
But nevertheless, there I was trying to decide if I should get up and
answer nature's call or simply wrestle with my discomfort for as long
as I could.

**2 words: pee bottle. Drop it out the bottom when done. Retrieve
in morning.

I slept in the hammock utilizing a sleeping pad made from a truck-sized
car shade with a thin layer of fleece glued to it (big thanks to Rob for
letting me test it). My sleeping bag was a North Face Cat's Meow 3D
rated to 15-degrees.

**I forgot to ask, did you pile the bag like a quilt or use it normally?

During my 2:30am wake-up call I noticed my back did get a bit chilly
(I'm a cold sleeper), however, after eating a bit and having some
fluids, I warmed up quickly and opted not to add a Mt Washington
sleeping pad to the set-up.

**Did you slide it in between the fleec and reflectix or just put it on
top? How well did it stay?

Also, I noticed that my feet were cold due to the wind blowing across
the hammock.

**Ack! I should've mentioned this the night before. I tend to roll on my
side as well. The first night I used the reflector, I managed to stick a
foot against the netting(very chilly). I angled the pad slightly the
next night, problem solved.

Jeesh, 9 hour drive and possible pneumonia, and I'm writing gear
posts....

-Rob