[at-l] the Official Brief GA RUCK report

I have filled out the forms for their conference stuff. After the PA
RUCK, I hope to confer with the old time RUCKers to figure out what is
going on with this thing, and whether we should count on it getting
bigger, or perhaps topping out in the 40-60 person range. We missed a
few folks, and were surprised and thrilled to meet many additional GA
RUCKers.

We also ought to have input from the NC and TN RUCKers to avoid
competing or saturating anyone's appetite for RUCK.

If we had enjoyed clear weather, there were open air ampitheaters,
picnic areas, fields adjacent to campsites as well as the cottages and
yards. If it had snowed, we probably could have used those resources
similarly, unless ice had occurred. As it was, there was a great deal
of improvisation and initiative on everyone's part.

We might want to think about using the Lodge and buffet services, along
with meeting rooms and fireplace areas. I'm just not sure that I want
to sit in a bunch of stack chairs and listen or talk hiking, but it
might be a better option than having folks crammed into cottages.

I hope that Nighthawk posts a gear report on his Hennessey Hammock
which he used last night with temps in the teen's. I suspect he knows
how to extend it's usefullness. I hope others post some reviews on the
Nomad 2fer2. It looks like a winner from several vantage points.

Bill...