[at-l] Appalachian Trail

Welcome. As a few of us return from a somewhat social/planning get
together, you may get a few responses. Have a seat at the fire and
introduce the beau. Want a smashmellow?

I hope you have been to the Appalachian Trail Conference website
(atconf.org I believe) to get some of this information. If you are
planning to go SOBO, know that you can't start much before 5/15/02 when
Baxter State Park often opens. The money issue depends a great deal on
gear choices and the sort of town time and food options you make.

You might want to discuss more specific your current hiking and camping
gear and experiences, and then I'll bet you get more specific and
helpful advice.

Bill...