[at-l] the Official Brief GA RUCK report

We need to counter the suggestion that the GA RUCK (some called it the
Rain 'n Roots RUCK) was fun, much less worthwhile. From 9PM Friday
until late Saturday, freezing heavy rains pummeled those that straggled
into muddy and crowded campsites. Police visited constantly regarding
the stolen vehicles (none were recovered), arson attempts (most ended
harmlessly), chicanery and general lawlessness. At the opening poetry
session, those who attended had the poor taste to applaud rereading of
Doyle's poetry choices. Later, there was only quiet acknowledgement
current musicians, poets and other friends of the trail - smatterings
of applause and toe tapping were noticed.

The numbers doubled each of the prior years. This was unfortunate as
the disorganization and snobbery of the leadership should have warned
good ordinarily intelligent people to stay safe and warm in their own
homes. It is greatly hoped that next year's affair will be met by
stunned shock and silence as the leadership announced the unanimous
decision to have the GA RUCK at Cancun on the fifth weekend of
February, 03. Details will follow, including the incredibly expensive
airfares.

There may be reports later of interesting demonstrations and other
events that denote poor critical judgement. There were no favorable
Evaluation forms turned in by the podium as ordered by RUCK
Administrative Staff (RAS). There were constructive critical
suggestions about activities that might involve tossing certain RAS
members from the top of the Falls, although Park Authorities succeeded
in preventing this final scheduled event.

Of course, the above are crude attempts at humor, as I think we had a
surprisingly good time inspite of the weather and other expectations. I
suspect that Amicalola Falls better figure out who we are, and have
begun further negotiations with conference staff and bail bondsmen. The
camping and housing worked surprisingly well, although we may need to
tune some things up if it grows much further. Any organizationally
competent readers out there are invited to charge in to this fray.

Bill....