[at-l] frustrations

Ah. A most frustrating three days. My wife, feeling flush from a small
inheritance from her Dad, bought herself her own computer, networked it with
mine and connected through a Cable Company for "wideband" internet reception.
Why? So she could download for free all those favorite records and CD's we
already own. That's the reason. I plead the fifth on the logic.

The result? Nothing worked. My machine died completely. My mail on her machine
came intermittenently -- and again and again. I deleted some posts (only boring
ones) five times. They kept reappearing. My messages in response to dumb
messages on the list never showed -- only responses that suggested I was even
dumber than those I was responding to. When I tried to open my machine, the same
message appeared every five seconds, "Explorer has caused an error (unknown)
Explorer will now close." As a result I went to a wind power meeting today at 1
p.m. -- when I got there I was told it had been at 9 a.m.

Last evening, the message from my daughter was, "I think I'll have to erase your
hard drive," an incredible disaster. None of my working (read volunteer) files
are backed up.

Luckily, this evening my daughter announced she had solved the problem -- but I
had to delete all those messages I didn't want cluttering up my hard drive,
already deleted five times, one more time. She was wrong. I discovered that I
could now could receive and delete messages willy-nilly, I just couldn't send
any.

A hurried call, A hurried solution. Brenda now claims all is working okay. This
message will be the test.

Weary