[at-l] Re: Open Mike For Doyle

At 07:15 PM 1/17/02 -0500, RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 1/17/02 5:43:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>kahley7@ptd.net writes:
>

>>This has nothing to do with free speech.  No gummint involvement.
>>It's a private association.  They pay for the venue and have the
>>right to control what is said, or not to control same as they wish.
>

>      ***  What happened to the warm Trail community family Kahley?

Being a part of a community does not guarantee acceptance of every
bizarre act.   Just because we share a need/desire to hike, does not
mean I must support or even listen to your political views.   If you ask me,
it was Warren who abused the concept of community.  He knew he
was pissing on the campfire but did it anyway.

>       Oh, I see what you're saying. You mean we can do away with the
> higher principles those constitutional writs seek to implant in each
> citizen's mind and actions as long as were not being forced to.

Well duhhh...........yeah.  It's called freedom.
We are free to join any org. we want to.  We are free
to follow the guidelines of the org. or not. If we choose
not to, the org is free to evaluate our future within the org.
How simple is that?

No government involvement means no freedom of speech issue.

multipart/mixed
---