[at-l] Re:spiders

my grandmother lived in florida; she had one of those sixth senses, and
back then homes were even less "bug-tight" than today; she would wake
her husband up in the middle of the pitch dark night and announce
"there's another tarantula on the wall" and, sure enough, there would be
one crawling on their bedroom walls - and, of course, granddaddy got to
kill it!  I've played in ponds as a kid, gotten used to the leeches and
such, can deal with the roaches, snakes are no real problem, and I even
can handle (close call) hiking thru an army of gypsy moth caterpillars,
their webs, and crap and miles of bare tree limbs . . . but if I ever
woke up and saw a tarantula crawling up the bedroom wall, I might just
want to use a 12-gauge to do that kind of crawling thing in . . . what's
funny, is that it is all about context, because I used to play with a
"pet" tarantula years back, but having one show up on the wall at home
would be a real heart-stopper!  and who says there are no "sixth
senses?"

thru-thinker