[at-l] Re: (at-l) Leeches??? (and Roaches)

Lets see here, we have leeches (yech, but in about the same class as ticks),
roaches (double yech) and palmetto bugs (giant roach on steroids with
superhuman abilities -terminate with extreme prejudice). But then, there are
the Golden Orb Weavers. Down here in Florida we call them Banana Spiders
because they vaguely resemble one and are about the same size...they also
have an annoying tendency to spin their webs directly across the path.

Picture this:

Hiker tooling merely along the path until coming in contact with a spider
web that (literally) stops him in his tracks. Not good enough? Okay, now add
a female spider the size of a dessert plate. Still not good enough? Okay now
close your eyes and visualize (feel) said spider has landed directly in the
middle of your face, its legs are splayed all the way across your face from
ear to ear, picture the hiker leaping BACKWARD into the air and falling on
his back in the middle of the trail....

Lee I Joe