[at-l] sleeping bag condensation

the bag may be too warm. it's a 12 y/o llbean 0* down long mummy.  I also
have a fleece sack I use for warm weather.  if it's really cold, I'll place
the mummy inside the sack.  I always use a ground cloth, ussually a tarp or
safety blanket, whether out of doors or in a tent.   If I'm car camping I'll
use an air mattress.  I believe in a comfortable sleep.  It's been the bane
of many an overslept morning!  The bag is NOT coated; I'm afraid to ruin the
down.

the instance that made me wonder was last weekend's camping trip to the
family barn/farm.  I was inside, on a wooden table, on an air mattress.  It
was cold (and, damp), so, I was inside the double bag setup.  I like mummies
cause you can get really warm if you work at it.  I woke up the next morning
with the outside of the outside bag drenched.  However, the inside was
perfectly dry; just the outer liner.

I can remember a few winter nights in the smokies when I used either a
GoreTex bivy or tarp over the bag,  ice would form from all the moisture.

And to answer the breathing question, I almost always sleep with a hat on,
but, hate to have my mouth covered.  I too much like fresh air.   I have to
pull the ski mask down below my mouth.  I'd rather have cold lips than
breath in stale damp snotty air.

t.