[at-l] Re:spiders

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 Farina6@aol.com wrote:

> tjfort@netdoor.com writes:
>

> > Have you ever squished a pregnant spider? YUK!
> >
> Yep.  It was much groovier than palmetto bugs I tell ya!  After I squished
> mama long-legs and watched her MILLIONS and MILLIONS of babies crawling away
> like mad, I was upset at myself for being a mama-killer!

I did that once, to a silk egg sac, I think.  It was horrifying.  I just
turned and walked away; I couldn't stand the sight.  Thinking about it
now, it reminds me of that scene in The Mummy where the scarabs are
pouring out of the ground.

> Those damned palmetto bugs used to scare the holy crapola outta me!  Moved

After a campus building was fumigated, roaches were crawling EVERYWHERE
(trying to escape?).  I didn't go back in that building for weeks.

-brian

--
Brian C. Merrell               | "All that glitters is not gold,
brian@patriot.net              |  All who wander are not lost."