[at-l] I need a 2 pound free standing tent.

Anytime I see a request for free-standing tents, I always wonder why.  Even
free standing tents need to be staked down quite frequently.  And I've never
been to a single area where I couldn't use a tent because it wasn't
free-standing - even on platforms.  If stakes won't do it, just use some
extra line or rocks.

So, is there a particular reason why you need a free-standing tent?  Or, are
you just concerned about places where it's hard to stake a tent down?

FWIW, one of the lightest free-standing tents I've seen is the old style
Eureka Zephyr at about 3.5 lbs.  I think they are still available on-line
and I think there's a new name for the current version which might have a
more rugged floor (and be heavier).  I bought one for my thruhike, used it
just for a couple of nights before I hiked, but then didn't use it because I
bought a Nomad.  I finally sold it to a friend recently.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99