[at-l] Golite

Bill,

I posted the whole spiel last week.  The pack weighs 2
lbs 2 oz, which is admittedly twice the weight of a
Golite.  However, I find it as comfortable as Dana's
other full-sized packs, and I like that it is
infinitely expandable.  The pack is a "normal"
internal frame suspension system with 2 light stays,
compression straps and a mesh "holder" of sorts, which
combine to anchor either one large stuff sack or
several small stuff sacks (my plan) to the frame.  I'm
taking it out for 40 miles on the Lone Star Trail this
weekend and will try to submit a trip report detailing
its performance.

I'm looking for a light, but comfortable pack.  I saw
so many hurting people on the PCT in 2000 suffering
from the GoLite Breeze and the like.  I know the
Breeze has been improved with a hip belt.  Saw several
PCT friends getting off the trail with serious back
problems, one getting dehydrated dangerously often and
many others just miserable...all because they wanted
to claim ultralightness.

On a note only people like those on this list will
appreciate:  Well, my fate is sealed.  I received the
Lynn Wheldon's "How to Hike the CDT" videos as a
present!

Nocona
AT98
PCT(00)03