[at-l] the Trail and Sept 11 and the economy

Kelly share, in part....."I certainly wish I were doing a thru next year, my
family has certainly been affected by September 11th attacks.  My mother and
father have both been laid
off.  They are living on a quickly dwindling saving and government help with
food stamps, and of course, whatever money I can send them.  To plan a
thru-hike right now is frivolous.  I will eventually get my butt out there
and do one, but It'll have to wait till my family is OK first."

I sure can identify with that feeling...wanting to go, planning it for 2003,
but not looking good right now.  My hubby, Dutch Treat, just got laid off
too, and many "responsibilities" have to be taken care of first.  And then
again, I am not supposed to be hiking....but I will soon!  Anyhow....looks
like it won't be the projected 2003 unless we win the Lottery or something.
It will be fun to be section hikers and trail angels a little longer anyhow.

Hummingbird