[at-l] Deeper subjects - the Trail and Sept 11

At 07:20 PM 1/15/02 +0000, Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:
>So - for those who want "deeper" thought about the Trail?  How about some
>thoughts about the effect of Sept 11 on the Trail and the hikers  (whether
>thruhikers or otherwise)?
I would expect this to be a very individual thing.  Some people may decide
to hike or not to hike because of the effect 9/11 had on them or
friends/family.  To others it will be unrelated.  I don't think that the
effect can be generalized, we can only say what effect (if any) 9/11 is
likely to have on us as individual hikers.  For myself I'd say 9/11 is an
extremely minor influence relative to my plans for hiking on the AT.

sAunTerer