[at-l] Deeper subjects - the Trail and Sept 11

In a message dated 1/15/2002 5:41:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
daveh@psknet.com writes:

> My first thoughts turn to the mail and mail drops -- acceptantance, timing,
> irradiation, etc.
>
> What will they no longer take?
>
> How long will they take to get it from point "A"  to "B"; how long will
> they
> hold it at point "B", etc.
>
> How will irradiation effect things like Rx, film, etc.

I found this on my developer's site the other day and thought it might be
helpful.

Postal Service Announces That It Continues To Be Safe To Mail Film And
Photographs

November 8, 2001 - The United States Postal Service has today announced that
it continues to be safe to send film and photographic products through the
U.S. mail. The announcement reassures both the public and the photographic
industry that the USPS continues to take steps to insure the safe handling
and delivery of all film and photographic products.

The announcement on the USPS website states that "The USPS is working with
the mailing industry to develop procedures to ensure that sanitization of the
mail will not damage sensitive items in the mail. Sanitization technology is
currently being tested on a wide range of film products, digital and magnetic
storage devices, laboratory samples, food and plant products, and "smart"
credit card with embedded chips to ensure that all business mail can be
safely processed through the postal system."

The full text of the announcement can be found at <A HREF="http://www.usps.com/news/2001/press/mailsecurity/busfaq.htm";>
http://www.usps.com/news/2001/press/mailsecurity/busfaq.htm</A>.

POG

Work like you don't need money, Love like you've never been hurt, And dance
like no one's watching. - unknown

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---